November is here and, as per my plan, I’m going to publish my first book (of the 100 I’m going to publish) this month.
I know which book it is; it’s one I’ve spent way too many years revising over and over and I need to get off my computer. Because revising a book over and over, making it marginally better each time, is the antithesis of what I’m trying to do here.
The book I’m going to publish is a satirical YA/adult novel set in the world of the most famous magical school ever, during the time when it had its most famous student ever. The novel tells the story of a background character in the story — one who has her own adventure (and, due to the circumstances, something of an existential crisis). It’s inspired by Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead and others like Wicked and The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs.
This week I’m going to lock down cover art for the book, with plans to publish in advance of Thanksgiving.
I also plan to distribute the eBook free to everyone who’s subscribed to this site.
What I did this week
- Monday, Oct 24, 2022 – Read book Write Useful Books… posted to this blog… week planning
- Tuesday, Oct 25, 2022 – Cataloged all 80s facts and organized by category
- Wednesday, Oct 26, 2022 – Chat with potential copy editor… brainstorm and decision on facts book title, positioning, and value prop
- Thursday, Oct 27, 2022 – Weekly Retro newsletter done… significant work on 80s trivia book
- Friday, Oct 28, 2022 – Fact checking… meeting with accountability group to figure out the right approach to my art needs
- Saturday, Oct 29, 2022 – Work on 80s trivia book
- Sunday, Oct 30, 2022 – Work on 80s trivia book
3 big goals for this week
- Hire artist to create cover for 1st book
- Finish two chapters of 80s trivia book
- Figure out plan for laying out first book
To follow along with what I’m doing
Subscribe using the form below to get emails when new entries are posted on this site. I’m also posting on updates on Twitter.